Saturday, December 27, 2008

Okay people. Now I'm blogging bout my super duper chunted Thailand trip. Okay, so lets begin. Wait, before we do that, the captions of the pictures are below it, not above. Just in case you want to know.



Alright, so, we woke up at 4am, well, actually I woke up at 4am.. Genevieve was crazy enough to wake up at 3 something, to get her stuff ready and have breakfast. I think she was a tad too excited bout the trip, while I was busy sleeping like a baby on my comfy bed. Oh, btw, our flight was at 710am, malaysian time. Meaning we'd have to get to the airport at like 510am to check-in. You know the drill. So, since unrich people like us could not afford special MAS flights, we decided to take the currently kecacatan AIRASIA. Yes, trust me, I aint taking it no more. So, we were a little late to the airport, we arrived bout 15 minutes late, but we were in time to check it. Note : My mom was going all crazy and she kinda left my sis and I behind, we had to find our on way to the crappy check-in place. Plus, more like a minus, the stupid AIRASIA airport aka LCCT is sooo freaking tiny and there were like a million people in it. As if it were to explode just by the snap of a finger. So right, after putting up with my mom's crappiness, we finally checked in and we were on our way to the waiting area, which is also really crappy, if you want to know. And there was a flight to Solo City, Indonesia, and mehn were there a million maids/constuction workers/kopitiam waiters/etc. And the smell, OH MY, was a killer. So, finally we boarded our flight and we were on our way to Thailand! It was like 720am, I think. Stupid flight was freaking delayed, as usual. Freaking AIRASIA.




So, we boarded our flight and we were so ready for take off! Except the fact that I really hate the AirAsia seats, they're too straight. And even when i tried to press the tiny button at the side of the handrest to lower the seat, it was still very very staright up. But anyway, I was having a slight tummy ache in the plane. Not the Oh-my-I-need-to-poop kind, it was the I-think-I'm-having-gastric-kind. But i think it was the breakfast I ate before leaving home, I ate the yao char kuay which was bought theday before. :/ But all in all, it tasted good. And on the plane, mummy bought the cup mee from the air hostess, which costed 4 bucks for the mee itself and a cup of hot milo of 4 bucks also. How very very expensive, for something i had in my own bag that was checked in. Pfft, I could me a millionaire if I actually sold 3 in 1 milo at that price.





Well, at least we arrived at Thailand on time. And for those who don't know, i went to Bangkok. Bangkok only, no where else. So, first thing to do when you arrive at the airport is........ IMMEGRATION. So my sis was in front of me, I know right, I'm that nice to let her cut my line. And HAHA for her, she got stopped at the immegration! Not my fault, not my fault. Cause we had a form to fill in on board, to show the immegration people if we were visiting or on business trip or having a holiday or whatever. Meaning, we even had to indicate where we were staying, as in which hotel we were gonna stay at. And during the flight, she actually did ask me. And at that time, I didn't fill i tout. So i told her, ' NO NEED, LATER'. But then, i asked my mom and she gave me the name of the hotel and I filled it out. Genevieve on the other hand, didn't bother to ask. So, not my fault she got stopped at the immegration.





Alright, so after touchdown and the embrassing Genevieve got stopped at the immegration incident, we were at the airport, durh. So, of course it was real obvious that we were tourists, so we stopped at this ' TOURISM COUNTER'. In the airport itself. I don't exactly know if Malaysia has those kind of facilities, but Thailand sure does. Oh, before i continue on, I forgot to tell you that 6 of us went to Thailand; My mom, Sis, Khai ma, 2 of Khai ma's friends and I. Okay, then, we stopped at the booth and we agreed on going for a canal tour. Apparently, the canals there are pretty awesome. So we decided to just take on it. The original price of the canal tour is 1200 Baht, which is 120 MYR. Note : Baht is 10% off MYR. So 1200 Baht for all 6 of us, somehow my Khai Ma managed to bargain till 500 Baht for all 6 of us! Amazing how the power of bargaining and the ability to speak a little bit of broken Thai could get us such an awesome bargain. So then we took a cab, a Toyota Innova back to the hotel. All Thailand cabs are Toyotas, most of them are Altis'.




Our fancy hotel, Citin Pratunam [See.Tin.Pra.too.Naaaam] is located right in the heart of Bangkok, PRATUNAM. Apparently, Pratunam's well famous for its bazaars, or what we Malaysian call Pasar Malam. When we exit our hotel, its already the bazaar. I think its just so awesome to do something halfway and run down to the bazaar to get something at a click of the mind. Oh and the bed's so awesome, its so comfy. And i didn't mind, really, to sleep on just one pillow. Execpt the fact the Genevieve wanted to sleep in the middle so badly and I let her and she kicked and slapped me so many times in her sleep. I literally woke up in the middle of the night when my mom went to pee and sat at the corner of the bed. While little miss EVIL sleepy head was sleeping like nobody's business.




I shouldn't actually be talking about sleeping, i haven't even completed our itenary on the first day. So after we checked into our fabulous I-don't-know-how-many-stars hotel, my mom had some super important legal documents to send to one of her old old friends that so ngamly stays in Bangkok. So the three of us took a cab there, while the other three did i-don't-know-what. Oh, and the cab driver doesn't speak a word of English. Okay, maybe a few such as money or okay, something like that. We got lost on the way, we made a couple of overshots, but managed to U-turn our way back. Oh! And dude knew how to say U-turn. So, we arrived at the dude's place, not someone that you need to know. And if you really did need to know, you'd already know who. And yes, i was referring to you, Rynn. So, while he and my mom talked business, my sis and i were like hanging outside, taking weird pictures, stuff like that. Stuff totally out of boredom. But in the end, we left at like 12 something pm, Bangkok time. Bangkok time is an hour early thn Malaysia's time, so no such thing as jetlag there. But there's obviously something called I-need-to-eat-now-lag. If you know me, I eat all the time, everytime.



And this time, we had dinner on our own. Remember i said that just below our hotel there was this bazaar thing? They do not only sell clothes, bags, etc, they also sell FOOD! My absolute no. 1 reason to go there. Heck, to experience the food, of course. And personally, the food we had on the first night was the best among the rest of the days [which will be blogged about later]. We had the fantastic beef noodles! My sis had the beef one, mom and I took PORK! Better catch up on pork, since most places in M'sia are HALAL. And mehn, it was FANTASTIC.

So, after dinner, we went back to the hotel, wondering where the other 3 aunties went to. Apparently, they got lost near Baiyoke Sky, a hotel not to far away from ours, about 300 meters away. Not too far, really. At least we knew how to get around, the trio of aunties on the other hand, DIDN'T.

Alright, its like 0156 now, and I'm dead tired. Had a Christmas Appreciation Party for my mom's intercessors earlier just now and I'm dying, slowly. I'll blog about day 2 another time. Promise, with more wacky pictures. :)


No comments: